In a recent report, BI Intelligence interviews a half-dozen mobile industry leaders and entrepreneurs on opportunities in the BRICs,breaks down how mobile-focused companies can pursue those opportunities,analyzes key mobile statistics (smartphones,tablets,app downloads,app revenue) from the BRIC countries,isolates and analyzes the five lessons that are essential to any mobile project in these markets,and looks at a case study of a successful music streaming service focused on Indian and Bollywood music.
Subscribers also gain access to our library of over 100 in-depth reports on the global mobile industry,and hundreds of charts and datasets they can put to use in their own research and presentations.
Access the Full Report By Signing Up For A Free Trial Today >>>
Here's an overview of the 5 things to know before embarking on mobile projects in BRIC countries:
- The smartphone will be the main portal to the Internet for consumers in emerging markets. Already,in India,Web traffic from smartphones surpasses desktop traffic. One-fifth of global Web traffic is from hand-held devices,according to StatCounter,and that will only grow as mobile uptake proceeds in emerging markets.
- Don't ignore the feature phone: Market-leading apps are still keeping one foot in the feature phone market,and for an important reason: That's where the numbers are. Smartphone penetration among Chinese mobile subscribers won't end the year higher than 20%,according to BI Intelligence estimates.
- Work with carriers: Emerging market carriers hold the keys to two important aspects of the mobile business — network effects and billing. Billing is a challenge in emerging markets. Credit card penetration is low.Only carriers have the reach,systems,and technologies to draw payments from prepaid and postpaid mobile consumers.
- Follow the rollout of low-cost smartphones and tablets: Since many devices in these markets are purchased for prepaid plans without the help of carrier subsidies,price cuts instantly make tablets and smartphones more accessible to consumers. Smartphone prices in India have fallen 30 to 35 percent in the last three years.
- Understand Android's dominance and its limitations: Android is the leading mobile platform in all the BRICs. Android dominance presents a challenge for app developers and publishers since the Google Play store,the main Android app store,has not proved an easy route to monetization in emerging markets. In China,there is very limited support for Google Play. Worse,app store fragmentation on Android is an even more serious problem than it is elsewhere.
Carry a compass and rape whistle always2011-12-07 08:45:42 by UhNah
If you want an unlocked smart phone look for anything quadband it's going to be your best option for traveling light get one of their local services and you should be set try China Mobile or China Unicorn which are both GSM. The reason china doesn't have a large gps infrastructure is because they recently began putting up gps satellites in 2010 I believe so give them time and they'll catch up.
Early China Launch Heads Off iPhone Smugglers at the Pass — TechNewsWorld
Should Apple ink a much-discussed (but still not official) deal with China Mobile, the nation's (and world's) largest wireless carrier, it could further erode the market for smuggled devices because China Mobile's smartphones are heavily subsidized ..
Mobile Application (Developer)
Tecsun PL-660 Portable AM/FM/LW/Air Shortwave World Band Radio with Single Side Band, Black